Wednesday, July 20, 2011

how long do people last who have small cell lung cancer in both lungs


how long do people last who have small cell lung cancer in both lungs ?
The doctor said its a large mass in both lungs that is shutting her broncial tubes.And they said its not opperable.My father died of cancer but it was not of the lung and I was so young I dont remember to much.Im not sure what to expect and feel lost.We've only knew for 9 days how long can people last with this condition?She started cemo 2 days after they found it.It made her so sick and now she cant hardly swallow.I dont want my mother to die shes the only thing I have left but I dont want her to suffer any more than she has to.Does cemo work enough,and is there anything that I can do like herbs or anything to help her? Thanks so much,Darlene
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Many cancer patients have tried using shark cartilage to treat their disease. Shark cartilage is thought to interfere with the tumor's blood supply. A clinical trial using this treatment in lung cancer patients is ongoing. http://www.lifesteps.com/gm/Atoz/ency/lung_cancer_small_cell.jsp
2 :
I am very sorry to hear about your mother's cancer. Have the doctors told you her prognosis? Have you gone on the American Cancer society's website? You can look up small cell carcinoma on their site. I hate to give an answer because I don't want to cause you more pain. My grandmother had small cell lung cancer but did not take the treatment because of its small rate of success. Your mom may not have the same statistics as my grandmother. My grandmother wanted to live out her final months without being hideously ill from chemo, that was a hard decision for her but she waited a few days before deciding against treatment. She lived 5 months after her diagnosis but who knows how long she had it before she had any symptoms. Again, I don't know what the doctors have said about your mother but there is a lot of information on the web (that's what helped my grandma make her decision). Educate yourself and your mom and make the right decision for quality of life (if that is her situation). Please feel free to contact me through my profile if you have further questions or just need support. My grandmother was never in pain and was completely coherent up to her time of death. I wish you and your mother every blessing. Best to you.
3 :
Do not blink your eyes or she is gone
4 :
New adjunct chemo therapy tested for approval in the USA. Increased the ability of patients to tolerate Chemo to the full 100% Increased the Survival rate by 80% They are accepting some patients under FDA Fast Track SPA Phase III in the USA. Script is available outside the USA: http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/mb/NVLT.OB Novelos' pipeline of drugs is based on oxidized glutathione, a natural metabolite that is part of the glutathione pathway. This pathway is the primary determinant of intracellular redox (oxidation/reduction) potential and, as such, plays a key role in cell protection (e.g. detoxification) and in regulation of cell signaling pathways (e.g. leading to cytokine production). Novelos̢۪ lead products are believed to act, in part, via post-translational modification (glutathionylation) of critical regulatory proteins that mediate processes including immune function, cell proliferation and tumor progression (in combination with chemotherapy). They may also sensitize tumor cells to certain chemotherapeutic drugs by modifying drug detoxification processes.


Read more discussions :