Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Would you raither die of lung cancer when your 60 or die in a rest home


Would you raither die of lung cancer when your 60 or die in a rest home?
I quit smoking not cause I wanted too just cause I don't much in the winter but I'll start back spring/summer and I was thinkin mad I'd raither die when I'm 60 then to live so long like my grandma where someone has to change your diaper.. love her to death but she has seen her time.. and time again
Cancer - 12 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
many people die of cancer in a rest /nurseing home with cancer at any age you could still wear a diaper
2 :
Well the older you get the more you realize that 60 ain't so old. So would I rather die with many years in front of me, years of retirement and charity work and spiritual growth? Not really. I'd rather die when I'm old and ready. If you think you wouldn't mind dying of lung cancer, please arrange a visit to a hospital cancer ward, talk to the nurses, take a look at the dying lung patients, and see if you wont mind when you're there. Dying with dementia scares all of us, but research is improving our outlook and we may not have to worry about it so much when we get there. Don't make a decision now, when you're young, about your health that you may regret bitterly later in life.
3 :
I work with people who are actively dying of lung cancer. These people have very very difficult time with breathing, have zero activity tolerance (gets very winded easily), and have a lot of pain issues. These people will end up wearing diapers too. I have seen people who lived into their 90's with a very good quality of life, and people in their 50's with lung cancer who can walk 10 feet to go to the bathroom, or can't sleep due to the pain even though they are on a Dilaudid drip and other narcotics and anti anxiety medication. I have seen this argument by smokers before and it is very short sighted. There last year of your life will be a living hell, your quality of life will be nominal. Even if you did not get lung cancer later in life then there is always COPD and other respiratory problems. GOOD LUCK.
4 :
You should go to a hospital infusion center some time and see what it's like to have lung cancer. Oh yes, and 60 is pretty young these days. The life expectancy is about 77 for healthy adults. That means a lot of people live a good bit longer.
5 :
Honey, I'm too busy fighting brain cancer to worry about how I want to die. I'm too busy trying to live!
6 :
60 is way to young to die. You probably wont even have grand kids. I mean look at 60 year olds these days, the ones who have taken care of themselves look great. By the way, lung cancer is not a pleasant way to go.
7 :
I would rather die in the nursing home, that way I know my daughter will visit me daily and my daughter will get paid for looking after me - she is a senior carer in the nursing home?
8 :
Both my grandmothers lived until they were in their late 90's . . neither of them needed a nursing home . . or diapers . . nor did they have dementia. One grandmother lived with cancer, but she died from natural causes at the age of 96. My other grandmother worked as a house mother at a local college and passed away when she was around 100 (we aren't exactly sure of her birth date). Neither one of them ever smoked, they loved their families, enjoyed life, never drank excessively . . my point here is that you have sterotyped in your mind what it is like to be 'old' . . most old people still feel relatively young and continue to live their lives as robustly as possible. I don't have any relatives in a nursing home, nor do I know anyone who has died there . . most of my elderly relatives still maintain their own homes and are active in their community. Unfortunately . . it must just be in your family . . no matter what your choice will be . . unfortunately people will pity you since you have allowed smoking to control your life.
9 :
What ever, tape me in diapers an let me live. 60 is waaayyyyy to young to go. Diapers are only plastic underwear so its no big deal there. I want to live forever..........lol
10 :
You might also live to 80-90 but with serious lung conditions such as emphysema and chronic bronchitis from smoking. So live a long but healthy life but linger one because our medical science keeps us alive. OR Live a slightly shorter life but one that could be with a decade or more of hardship, pain and discomfort because of smoking. Lingering on and on which trying hard to breath or coughing up your lungs. I would go with the healthier option thank you.
11 :
It depends on the rest home, and the condition of my health. I know people at 50 who've lived too long, but my parents have an assisted living facility (apartments with meals served, that's it), and one lady there is in great health and still smart as a whip--she'll be 100 in June.
12 :
Dude you're going to eat your words if you actually get lung cancer. Wearing a diaper is pretty trivial compared to when your quality of life will be so poor that you may wish for death.



Read more discussions :