Thursday, January 24, 2008

Can you get lung cancer from this


Can you get lung cancer from this?
I breathed in some pencil shavings because my clumsy sister fell on me with a handful of it. Can I get lung cancer from this?
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I doubt it, but it could irritate the lining in your throat and lungs. Don't worry about lead poisoning either, because "lead-pencils" no longer have any lead in them, it's graphite
2 :
Um, no. Lung cancer is associated with long-term exposure to carcinogens. As far as I know, graphite is not a carcinogen and breathing it in once won't have any effect on your health other than the initial coughing.
3 :
there are many lung cancer risk factors, if interested read this http://www.secretsofhealthylife.com/2010/02/lung-cancer-risk-factors.html