Tuesday, October 20, 2009

how long do lung cancer patients survive


how long do lung cancer patients survive?
my mom had lung cancer two months ago, but the doctors said they removed the whole cancer, and they said it was also in the early stages. However, I heard that there is a chance that it could come back again. Also, i heard that the number of years a cancer patient lasts is about 5, but in my mom's case, i think it might be different..
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
it might depend on how far it went before she got it detected. my grandma lived 7 years when they gave her 3. and my grandfather was givin 6 months and passed away almost to the day.
2 :
it just REALLY depends on the patient and the treatments that they can or choose to undergo! we're going thru the same thing w/ my M-I-L. She is choosing to undergo chemo/radiation treatments. If that doesn't work..she has the option of removing the one infected lung-if it hasn't spread by then!




Read more discussions :