Monday, April 16, 2012

why would tuberculosis contribute to lung cancer


why would tuberculosis contribute to lung cancer?
well my dad had tuberculosis in his late 20s but recently died from small cell lung cancer.
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Lung diseases which cause scarring of the lung tissues, such as tuberculosis, increase the risks of developing lung cancer. This scarring sometimes disrupts the cell reproduction cycle, causing a "malfunctioning" of the cell's DNA replication. When cells reproduce out of control, cancerous tumors may form.
2 :
I didn't know that it did. I know its a lung disease but studies have shown that most that have had T.B become immune to lung cancers. Interesting question. I find it rather interesting as I have been doing a lot of reading lately with fungus and cancer. After your post that your Dad died of small cell (I am so sorry for your loss) I looked into T.B. and fungus. Interesting I found that T.B. can be linked to lung tumors, abscesses, and clots in the lung... all which can lead to lung cancers. Why would TB contribute to lung cancer? I am not sure of the answer.. but could it be a build up of fungus? I think there is a lot more to be looked at in this category.



Read more discussions :