Saturday, April 12, 2008

I have stage 4 metastatic lung cancer that has spread to both lungs and into my chest wall


I have stage 4 metastatic lung cancer that has spread to both lungs and into my chest wall?
I don't know if I should take the chemo. The doctor said that the chemo would help with pain. I feel good now but I know its spreading fast and the doc said I need to start chemo asap .I am in good health other then having stage 4cancer .I am unsure of what to do, anybody out there been through this or a loved one?
Cancer - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Stage 4 is too advanced to play around with. To not fight it now with the available tools and drugs is to give up. Fight hard, darlin'. Do the chemo, and also look into homeopathic remedies that you can do to supplement the drugs.
2 :
Always get treatment. It will help. I agree with whoever suggested homeopathics as well.
3 :
Take a day or two to read everything you can about it and look at alternative therapies for yourself as well. I've known some people to do very well on chemo without any side effects, and I know others who became very sick from it. Every person is different. Perhaps you could talk with someone who might better help you to make the decision. I've only seen advertisements during my local morning news, but these people seem to be on the right track. www.cancercenter.com/about-us.cfm
4 :
Take the chemo and then you must balance out if it is worthwhile or not. Chemo may add a few months and perhaps some comfort, then again it can destroy the remaining time you have left. Just give it a try.
5 :
Hi Michelle, I am sorry for your situation. I, too have stage iv lung cancer that has invaded my chest wall. I at first wasn't going to do chemo as they told me I would only be given palliative chemo and would only live perhaps a year. I was dx'd in May of 2006. The chemo was well tolerated by me and stopped the spread of the cancer for about a year, I then had another 6 rounds of chemo and altho it still didn't rid my body of the tumors, I am still alive and right now am on a watch and wait to see if the cancer starts growing again. I finished my last chemo in Dec., 2008. The choice is ultimately yours, but I feel I wouldn't have had these additional years if I did nothing. Best to you in your decision.
6 :
Michelle I am sorry for what you are going thru but please belive me that you never ever give up hope.Do whatever they are offering you and even ask if there are any clinical trials in your area that you qualify for.The answers you have recieved should give you hope that what they say WILL happen is a generalization and each individual person and result is unique.My girlfriend was told the same as you and she chose chemo and like another answerer 5 years later she has a terrific quality of life.GoodLuck and never ever give up hope.



Read more discussions :