Sunday, July 20, 2008

My mom has been diagnosed with lung cancer stage 4.What should I expect next


My mom has been diagnosed with lung cancer stage 4.What should I expect next?
She is not eating or drinking very much at all,and sleeps most of the time.Her cancer has spread to her spine.She has taken 5 treatments.She has been in the hospital for 3 weeks due to dehydration and staph infection in the blood.Would someone that has been through this, please give me some informaion on what to expect as time progresses? I am so afraid because I do not know what to expect next.
Cancer - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Stage 4 is the most advanced stage, where the cancer has spread. Understandably, the survival statistics are lowest for this stage. Unfortunately, lung cancer is often diagnosed late. Almost half of all those diagnosed with non small cell lung cancer already have stage 4 disease. People diagnosed at this stage are mostly treated with chemotherapy to relieve symptoms. Between 15 and 35 out of every 100 people (15 - 35%) treated for stage 4 lung cancer will be alive a year later. For those not fit enough to have chemotherapy treatment, this figure drops to about 10 out of every 100 people (10%).
2 :
i am not an expert but i did have a little brother that had cancer. he had stage i think it was 4 nueroblastoma (im pretty sure it was that stage but for some reason i feel i might be wrong but i think that was it) i just know it is not a good stage to catch the cancer in. he did eventually pass away. :(. i would think that ur situation might not turn out the best way. but do not give up hope. pray. pray. pray. and just be positive around your mother. it could help her very much. dont give up hope.
3 :
Spend as much time as possible with her and value every hug you can get from her and always be positive when around her and stay strong for her sake.
4 :
I think you should tell her that when you see her like that, it's hurting you. Tell her to do this for you and to stay strong, also pray.. PLEASE ! that's the best thing to do . God bless your mom <3
5 :
Hi! Braybray, I am sorry to hear about your mother diagnoise. When you think that there is nothing to be done rememeber God and his angels are watching over your mother. She is not alone, please pray that God will heal her, because he will. Don't let people tell you it's no hope because they are lieing. Don't think negative always positive because thats what the enemy want you to do. I have heard of people in stage 4 cancer and is giving 6 to 9 months and out live healthy people. Read Psalm 23 that is in The Holy Bible. Just be there for your mother go to Doctor appointments spend everyday with her. I love you and God Love Is The Best Love Ever!
6 :
I'm SO sorry! My mom just passed away from NSCLC a week ago tonight, and at the end, the last few days of her life, she wasn't eating and she was sleeping a lot. unlike most, however, she was drinking a lot of water & chocolate milk. Her stage 4 lung cancer spread to her spine, and it was COVERED in cancer. Her dr said she was "wall to wall tumors". it's very sad. i'm not going to tell you to "be strong" because I hated hearing that when mom was dying. if you need to cry, let it out. spend as MUCH time with your mom as you can. My mom died, and I was there. I watched her take her last breath. I have no regrets. Several weeks ago, when she was lucid, I was able to have a heart to heart with her & get closure on a lot of things. the following week, she called my dad & sister & I together and she said her goodbyes. shortly after that, she stopped talking, and went into hospice at home. she lasted 2 weeks in hospice. i'm not telling you this to scare you or depress you, but it's a reality. i know what you're going thru, i really do! it sucks! i'm so very sorry for what you're going thru. HUGS!




Read more discussions :