Friday, October 24, 2008

How do I host a benefit for a good friend who was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer


How do I host a benefit for a good friend who was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer?
I'm not really sure what I am doing. Once we hold the benefit, do we just hand the money over to my friend and his family? Will it be taxed? I don't understand how this works. I need to know soon, we're not sure how much time he has. Please help!
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Why don't you go to one of these sites that does fundraising and ask someone there? Frankly, we hold golf tournaments and do fundraising all the time and we do it by word of mouth and no one is issued a receipt or anything. It's done from goodwill. If you're going to go the registered charity route your friend will likely be long gone by then. How about just holding a huge BBQ and accepting donations from people for the family (charge a certain fee per person or family - $25 or $100 etc.) Won't your church or school, etc. do something like that? Bet you could get most of the food donated too or just have it be a huge pot luck. And how about making it a huge celebration of his life too and having him there, so he knows how much he's loved. If you are from a small town I can't imagine not having the event be a whole town affair.
2 :
just have a cancer walk and donate the money they will realy apreceate it
3 :
visit http://www.cancerssociety.org for more info




Read more discussions :