Sunday, November 1, 2009

What Happens When The Respirator Is Turned Off When A Patient Has Lung Cancer And No Hope For Recovery


What Happens When The Respirator Is Turned Off When A Patient Has Lung Cancer And No Hope For Recovery?
Yes, my husband's grandfather. :( My MIL isn't answering her phone but my aunt in law told me. She wasn't clear though as to what they were going to do. It's just strange though, I honestly didn't think it was so bad!
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
they die
2 :
The patient is sedated so they will feel no pain or struggle for breath. Sometimes they die within minutes, other times they will breathe on their own for a day or more. Their respirations will get slower and shallower or erratic and eventually stop. I'm sorry if this is happening to someone you know.



Read more discussions :