Wednesday, November 4, 2009

How do you deal with Lung Cancer and not knowing when she will go


How do you deal with Lung Cancer and not knowing when she will go?
My aunt is still in the hospital cause her kidney's failed and we are not sure how long she will make it. I am not sure how to act around people cause everytime i think about her, it makes me sad. I don't want to hide from people or make them think i am sad. but it is a really long story and if you guys understand, please tell me what i can do to cope with this. thanks so much!!
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Micki, everyone else around you knows what's going on, so go ahead and be sad. Around your aunt, talk about pleasant times the two of you have shared. Tell her how much you love her. Tell her everything you have ever wanted to. Lung cancer generally kills quickly--my mother went from diagnosed in June 93 to dead Sept 93 (in fact, tomorrow will be 14 years). Your aunt knows, even if she doesn't admit, she's dying, and she will be grateful to know she's left you with memories of good times, and maybe even a role model. It will take a lot of time to get over your grief, but if you do some research on Death and Dying and the stages of grief, that will help. Your close friends know what you're going through--hang with them because you don't have to explain anything. Sending you healing energy and clear strength.
2 :
The best thing is to put your best face forward,I know it hurts but everyone who knows you also knows you are hurting. Sorry your aunt is in this condition , she needs all the support and prayers available at this time-you have mine !! God Bless I am starting treatment for the same thing this week and I know I need and request the thoughts and prayers from everyone in Yahoo-land.




Read more discussions :