Saturday, May 1, 2010

How many non-smokers die each year from lung cancer


How many non-smokers die each year from lung cancer?
Does anyone know of an unbiased website out there where I can find this statistic?
Cancer - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I do not. But I know several people do die from lung cancer who never smoked
2 :
It is estimated that 10 - 15 per cent of lung cancer occurs to people who have never smoked and the risk is increased among women. A recent statistics from US(medicinenet.com), has shown that each year 17,000 cases(non-smokers) have been diagnosed of having lung cancer. However, I could not find statistics worldwide. There are few reasons have been attributed to this such as passive smoking, exposure to asbestos, uranium compounds, heavy metals, increased oestrogen levels and finally genetic predisposition. Hope, this helps.
3 :
I don't know but my Dad did, they said it was caused by passive smoking
4 :
The AMA may tell you 90% of lung cancer patients are smokers. I have lung cancer and I have never smoked in my life. According to my doctors, only about 10% of their lung cancer patients are smokers.
5 :
about 17,000



Read more discussions :