Sunday, April 24, 2011

is stage 4 lung cancer life threatening


is stage 4 lung cancer life threatening?
my friends mom has been diagnosed with stage four lung cancer, i know it's the most severe stage.. but is it life threatening?
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It means she is terminal. She has an extremely small chance for survival.She has 3-6 months to live!!!! AT the very most a year!
2 :
Yes any cancer at stage 4 is life threatening. Stage 4 refers to the cancer spreading and at the last stage before it kills you. But some of us are able to fight it and win and others can't but lung cancer is hard to fight. I lost my left lung 2004 and it is not easy but I am a fighter and between the chemo and radiation I know I will fight to the end.
3 :
Yes.
4 :
I have stage 4 lung cancer myself. I'm a 48 year old woman and I was told by my doc I have anywhere from 18 to 24 months. The chemo has worked very well for me but it is still a terminal stage.



Read more discussions :