Sunday, May 8, 2011

My mother was diagnosed with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and I feel barely any emotion is that bad


My mother was diagnosed with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and I feel barely any emotion is that bad?
I feel no emotion it's like it hasn't happend. Like my mothers completely fine.
Cancer - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Don't be too hard on yourself. People deal with bad news in different ways. The best thing to do is to start supporting your mother, even if you don't feel any emotional drive.... just do what you KNOW is good to do. You love her, but the oddness of the news may be difficult to process. So simply take action and be there. When you look back on this, you will have done the right things for the right reasons, and THAT, will help everyone to deal with the emotions that are to come.
2 :
This is actually very normal. You're probably in denial. Its a hard fact to accept and you're not ready to face it yet. Eventually it'll sink in and it'll hit you that this is real. Or you might just possibly be in denial the whole time because its too hard. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer twice (when i was 13 and again when i was 17) and both times I felt just like you. I refused to let myself face it and I was in complete denial for a long time and wouldn't feel any emotion. I'm really sorry about your mom. But if it makes you feel better, my mom had cancer twice and both times it went away completely and shes been cancer free for 5 years and shes in better shape than ever before. So just know that your mom CAN fight this and come out of it on top.



Read more discussions :