Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ever since I was a kid, whenever I got coughs they are 'bad' ones.Am I more likely to get lung cancer


Ever since I was a kid, whenever I got coughs they are 'bad' ones.Am I more likely to get lung cancer?
I am in my 20s, a non smoker (though my parents smoked). I don't get coughs often, but when i do, I get hacking and tickling coughs. And they seem to last alot longer than my husbands. I am worried this might mean I am 'prone' to lung cancer? Can't find anything on this online. I've had chest xrays before and they are clear.
Respiratory Diseases - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I get funky coughs and been around smokers all my life, but never had been told there is a risk of lung cancer. If you have had chest x rays, that should help you to relax about it, but if you are really concerned, which I can understand, then you really need to speak with your doctor.
2 :
A side-stream smoker has more risk of developing lung-cancer than the smoker himself.That's what I learn.If you're still worried,go and see a doctor.That's the best to do. Best of luck to you.
3 :
your throat and lungs are more sensitive-too much smoke from parents. do you take cough medicine/cough medicine w/expectorant? does it help?Are you allergic to something that makes you cough? Have you asked doctor about trying asthma medicine(inhaler) when you get cough?There are many products that will help your lungs and body to function better-less coughing. Proper nutrition,exercise (yoga,walking etc.)vitamin w/minerals,herbs(Slippery elm bark,Lung Essentials-Swanson Health Products,herbal cough medicine) air purifier in your bedroom will all help you.
4 :
No, it has nothing whatsoever to do with your cancer risk.



Read more discussions :