Thursday, September 8, 2011

What is the full survival rate of mesothemila lung cancer


What is the full survival rate of mesothemila lung cancer?

Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i don't know do you go to crawford high school?i go there
2 :
This kind you ask about I hear it's not good! If it's large cell there is no treatment right now. I have small cell myself and survival is 50-50 that I'll live until I am in my 80s I am 52 now
3 :
unfortunatley this cancer is a very aggressive and a rapid spreading one, my dad passed away in May with this type of cancer he was diagnosed on 4th Feb and died 4th may, in answer to your question i think there is no 'set' survival rate.
4 :
According to a study by Dr. Tan, median survival for patients with malignant mesothelioma is 11 months. It is almost always fatal. Median survival based on histologic type is 9.4 months for sarcomatous, 12.5 months for epithelial, and 11 months for mixed. Approximately 15% of patients have an indolent course. His study seems to parallel others with the same result. This type of cancer normally has a bad outcome regardless of the type of treatments administered.



Read more discussions :