Tuesday, December 20, 2011

how long does lung cancer take to develope


how long does lung cancer take to develope?
My mom smokes like every 15 mins. She'd always hang around me while we're smoking, whether it's in the house, outside in public, friend's house, whatever. It has been like this for thirteen years.. and I'm really really paranoid since I live in Las Vegas (people everywhere smoke.. dare I say, even a lot of the kids at my school). If I do die, I really dont want it to be from some stupid disease that was caused by people around me.
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Try to get her to smoke outside. It's not like it's cold there. I smoke, but I go outside because I don't want to do it in front of my daughter. Try to stay clear from the 2nd hand smoke.
2 :
unfortunatly passive smoking can be more harmfull than regular smoking because the filter protects the smoker to a degree. I would become really asertive and if people are soming around you, like you mum, ask them to stop. if you don't know them move away. If you are in a public place like the movies or a restraunt, complain to the managers. the only way smoking is still socially acceptable is because we let it be. ( Just a little aside note, recently, in my home state (tasmainia Australia) smoking was banned in all public places and life is so much better! if people say they will loose buisness, let them know about this - before the ban, the buisest clubs were the ones that banned smoking!)



Read more discussions :