Friday, October 12, 2012

Please help!! How do I tell my kids I have Lung cancer, when their Dad died of it


Please help!! How do I tell my kids I have Lung cancer, when their Dad died of it?
And their favorite grandma, and aunt, and another grandma
Cancer - 12 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
aww...that is so sad! i think you should first tell them how much you love them...then tell them...and dont forget to tell them the details, suprises arent ALWAYS good...
2 :
Wow, that's tough I am sorry you have to face this. Honestly there is not going to be an easy way to tell them, a lot of it will depend on their ages, but I would just assure them that you are doing everything you can to beat it and that you love them very much and do not want to leave them. Remind them that just because the others have died from it does not mean that you will.
3 :
Sit them down and tell them, make sure you have a person with you for support for all of you. Next time you go to the doctor take your kids, this way if they have questions the doctor can explain things. Fnd a support group for yourself and kids. I wish you all the strength you need
4 :
first, try your best to be cured thats for your kids' sake.. Well, you have to tell them step by step... So that they'll be prepared for what may happen and for them to be ready and accept as early as they can the possibilities in the future... Take care of them forever! (-: Get Well...
5 :
just tell them frankly as early as possible before it's going late.they may be shock but im sure they can understand because your desease might be inherited from your husband.
6 :
I'm sorry to hear about you having lung cancer. I would check the book store for books that will help your children to understand lung ca. But most of all be honest with them. hiding the truth will only hurt you and them. If their other family member have died of this you really should make sure you have something set up for the kids just in case you may not need it but don't leave it to chance I'm a nurse and watch families have to deal with this its not easy but doesn't always mean death. But at the same time make sure you fill out a living will and make sure you have a will made up to keep you kids safe
7 :
I aqm sorry to hear your news and here is my two cent. Tell your children that you love them very much refer to your husband about his illness and relate to your illness in order to explain to them.try to be simple as you can. do not give up your hope,and spend time as much as you can with your children. Remember that the power of love can fight anything find a support group and hang out with them Be strong and do not afraid of pain find help from famous hospital and seek info as much as you can. Do not give in easily and be positive Change your diet and keep excercise as much as you can. I will pray for spirit of every religion and i do believe in miracle.
8 :
First of all I feel really sorry for u. I know this will be difficult for u but u will have to tell them. You should first talk to the grandma,(ur mom). Break the news, when u are with her, or rather phone her first telling her u need to talk to her urgently. Go to her place and tell her the news.....this will be very difficult for her too, but then u need someone after all. When the feeling sinks in her, ask her to talk to the children....she will have the motherly touch that is required, U won't be able to do it, I know u must be weak. Seek her help instead, the kids will realize that they have someone else to look upon too. Ask her to help u about with the other granny, because they both must be almost of the same age. Talk to the aunt on phone, u ought not go to her place, talk to her on the phone. Best of luck dear!!God help u. My best wishes are with u. If u need to talk, write at angels_and_demons_2000@yahoo.com
9 :
Dont forget to tell them smoking is bad for your health. over 90% of lung cancer patients are smokers
10 :
YOU JUST HAVE TO BE HONEST WITH THEM DONT HIDE IT FROM THEM BECAUSE IF THE WORST THING HAPPENS BEFORE YOU NO IT AND U HAVENT TOLD THEM THEY ME BE HURT BECAUSE THEY DIDNT HAVE TIME TO SPEND IT WITH YOU AND MAKE IT SPECIAL.WE ALWAYS REGRET NOT BEING ABLE TO TELL SOMEONE WE LOVE HOW WE FEEL AND WHEN WE LOSE THEM WE WISH WE HAD JUST ONE MORE CHANCE WITH THEM SO THAT YOU CAN TELL THEM SOMETHING DONT KEEP THIS NEWS FORM YOUR FAMILY BECAUSE THEY LOVE YOU AND NEED TO KNOW THAT YOU MAY NOT BE HEALTHY ALWAYS N BE HERE FOR THEM ITS BEST TO PREPARE THEM AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE I KNOW YOU CANT ACTUALLY PREPARE TO LOSE SOMEONE U LOVE BUT ALWAYS KEEP GOD FIRST AND PRAYER GOOD LUCK
11 :
If it is you (bungiebabe) that you are talking about , then you should'nt tell us here on answers first , your kids should already know - before us . And you tell them just like you told strangers and quit wasting thiers and your precious time ! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- P.S. I just found out (my Mommy) did not write this question . My little sister played a mean April fools joke on me - because I have been on here answering questions to play with my Mom to see if she could figure out that its me ! Well it's backfiring today , I think .
12 :
I hope your cancer is at early stage. However, if you are dying and if the kids are less than 5-6 years old, they don't understand the concept of death. Just say you take a vacation in heaven. If the kids are older, you just tell them the truth and what you want them to do with it.



Read more discussions :