Friday, May 4, 2012

What do you say to someone who has just been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer


What do you say to someone who has just been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer ?

Cancer - 9 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
tell them to live life to its fullist,they know they are going to die,just chat as normal.their is no set way of doing it
2 :
You give them alternatives, like DHEA, Serratia Peptidase, Graviola, for more information go to www.rain-tree.com/graviola.htm
3 :
It depends on how close you are to them and how much treatment that they have already had. People use the word 'terminal' indiscriminately here. So it really depends where this person is as far as treatment or no treatment is concerned. If a patient is still in treatment than calling his disease 'terminal' is a little premature. If the patient has exhausted all treatment options and has had progression of disease . . than you really do not need to say anything to him or her. Just going to visit and spend time with this person is all that is needed at this point in time. Otherwise visit, talk about anything you desire, let him know how you feel about him, and than just enjoy his company. People really do not need to talk about how sorry they are . . the person already knows that. So, just enjoy their company.
4 :
THIS IS VERY DIFFICULT,my brother died of this after having throat cancer and it then spread to his lungs wedidnt tell him the extent of his illness,(he was only 37 wen he died),but i and my sisters spent all our time with him just to be in his company was all he wanted he didnt last long after it went to the lungs and we miss him so much
5 :
There is nothing you can say,however you can be there for them,by being an advocate at the hospital and doing what you can to help them to be comfortable,there are no magic perfect words,however just showing love and giving comfort and a shoulder can mean alot.Support there decisions,and remember its there life". ...Cancer pisses me off...
6 :
what can you say?? just go there, spend some quality time with that person, maybe something you once did together? take for a trip out wherever, he wishes to go that day, just act in a normal way!! no airs just plain lets just enjoy the day together!! had a lot of friends that, just wanted it that way!! to get a mental picture to look at, when too ill to go out, so just do something that is memorable for that person!!
7 :
i tell him that he has a terminal lung cancer, and we'll try to stop its progression. But I think, all depend on age, other associated disease,.....
8 :
I love you.
9 :
You have used the words"Just Diagnosed" and "Terminal". Is this person's Dr. CERTAIN that this person is terminal? I am not trying to be rude. Last year in January (2006), I was diagnosed as "Terminal". A thoracic surgeon removed my right lung. An Oncologist sent me through 12 weeks of chemo. I have been undergoing scans every three months. My body is showing no sign of the disease. I no longer need oxygen either. I have returned to work and am living a normal life. I was given lots of encouragement throughout the ordeal by friends and family. I was exposed to lots of humor. My spirits were lifted and pain lessened. My primary care physician believes that my positive attitude has played a strong role in my recovery. I have learned that the body can amaze you. Do not allow depression and fear to dominate your interactions with this person. If they stand a chance to recover, you could be a huge part of it. If the cancer truly is advanced to the point where nothing else can be done, you can still be a joy and welcome part of the rest of their life by just being yourself and not being afraid to share happy memories and laughter.



Read more discussions :