Saturday, December 1, 2012

I started smoking when i was 14, how long before i have lung cancer


I started smoking when i was 14, how long before i have lung cancer?
I started smoking early last year, and i smoked all kinds of ciggarettes, cigars, and marijuana (frequently). I recently saw a video about smoking that definitely changed my views, and is promoting me to quit. Im moderately addicted to ciggarettes, and i smoke very occasionally---during recent times. I sometimes feel my heart beating irregularly and i have very low stamina (i need to catch my breath after some excersise)
Other - Health - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
2-3 weeks or so....
2 :
it doesn't sound good... My grandfather died from lung cancer so i know what it feels to have a loss. Muster all the will power you have and stop... You'll live longer and happier
3 :
dEPENDS....MY DAD HAS BEEN SMOKIN SENCE HE WAS 12 AND IS STILL HEALTHY
4 :
Well there are people who smoke until they're 100 and never develop lung cancer, so I can't answer that question. However, the reason that you feel a rapid/irregular heartbeat is because nicotine is a vasoconstrictor, meaning it tightens your blood vessels, decreasing the amount of blood flow to your vital organs and extremities. The reason for the low stamina is that nicotine binds to the hemoglobin in your bloodstream, which in turn decreases the amount of oxygen that is allowed to bind to your red blood cells. Decreased oxygen causes fatigue, low stamina, diziness, etc. I'd suggest quitting. Especially while you're young...the older you get, and the longer you smoke, the harder it is to quit. Plus you don't want to chance getting lung cancer...you can get that just from living in our environment. You don't need to add to the risk by smoking! If you need help, talk to your doctor. There are lots of smoking cessation options such as nicotine gum and medications such as Zyban and Chantix. Good luck!
5 :
Nicotene causes palpitation of your heart. it can also constrict your blood vessel causing hypertension. Ciggar really affects the exchange of gases in your lungs that is why you need to catch your breath during your exercises. smoking does not only cause lung cancer but also Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (i suugest you read about this because this is a disease which is really associated with smoking). Not only this diseases but many more. in male, it can cause a problem in erection. here's why. erection depends on blood supply. when your blood vessel is constricted due to nicotene, it cannot deliver more blood to your dingdong. so this is really a problem. hehehehe
6 :
Thats pretty bad. I been smoking since I was 14 to, 4 years ago, and never felt anything the way your describing it. Just quit and dont look back. I know its hard trust me, but I stopped yesterday and already feel better. Theres better things in life you could be spending your money on or doing. Theres even better things to die from even though dieing is not so cool....
7 :
at least 60 yeears.
8 :
First go to the doctor and express your concerns. Next quit your way to young to be smoking. Lung cancer isn't a for sure thing but there are alot of risks with smoking not to mention your going to sound like an old man at 20 and smoking will prematurely age you. Good luck and live healthy!



Read more discussions :