Tuesday, December 4, 2012

How to deal with the death of my Grandmother that passed from lung cancer


How to deal with the death of my Grandmother that passed from lung cancer ...?
She was the closest person I had to me in life. I find it so hard to deal with. What have you done to get through times like this ?
Cancer - 9 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
my grandmother also died of lung cancer and it hurt me terribly. you could start a campaign in her memory and raise awarness to others. do whatever good that would have made your grandmother happy and in her memory she will live on forever in your life. may god bless you and keep you in his care in your difficult time.
2 :
I lost both my sister and brother 5 weeks apart from cancer. You are in my prayers. Find a network of friends that you can talk to. I used to go to a cancer chat group and that helped alot. If you have other friends utilize them as well. Talk to your mother as wellif you can. Perhaps a minister at your church or school couselor Good Luck
3 :
imn sorry for hearing that. but i think that u should just not think about it. try to distract yourself from something that you like. go out with your friends and laugh and hear music and just dont think about it. im sorry again for your grandmother.
4 :
I dont know I wish I can tell you. My mom was just diagnosed with bone and liver cancer about a week ago. The dr's have told her there is new and good medicine. But I still worry thats my mom and I am so scared. I am having the worse time accepting whats going on. I can't picture my life without my mom. Me and her are so close. I am sorry for your grandmother. Try to have faith and believe she's in a better place. Funny I give you this advice because I cant even take it myself. If you feel like talking you can email me.
5 :
I can relate to how you feel. I lost my grandma in 06, & it's only just over a year now. How I've dealt with her being gone: I know she's in a better place & been reuinited with my great-grandma, my uncle, her father & her uncles that I never met. I've inherited some of her dishes & cookware. I use them whenever I can while cooking & remember her that way. I pull out pictures from my childhood & tell my son what I can remember about the picture taken. He was 9 when she died & has memories of her as well. I've also cried about her being gone & been angry. It's okay to be sad, scared or angry about them being gone, especially when you're close to them. I don't keep the feelings going too long either. I allow my son to feel scared, angry or sad too. My grandma died of pulminary fibrosis & lupus. She was a 27 year survivor of breast cancer, having a double mastectomy one year apart. I donate when I can afford the money to breast cancer research. I wear pink ribbons & bracelets daily. I click daily on the Breast Cancer Site for free to help fund mammograms for women who can't afford them. There's a lot you can do. Just take a few minutes to think of ways to remember your grandma.
6 :
You have had a terrible loss. You may need grief counseling to help you get through all the stages of grieving. It's possible that you're stuck in one stage. It might help to focus for now on the fact that she no longer has to suffer. That she's fine now, better than fine. Then remember that you'll never truly lose her. As long as you remember her and keep her in your heart, she'll never really be dead. This might please her enormously. It would also be of great help to you, and to others, to involve yourself in the fight against cancer. Do a Walk-A-Thon, collect donations, give a few hours a week at the local Cancer Society. I think this would please her even more.
7 :
Just think that this is a new phase in your life. That was a terrible but now she is in peace, and you should start thinking positive things. Concentrate your mind in new things, you could do some research on her illness just to keep you busy, talk about her all the time, let her go slowly...
8 :
Losing someone you love is never "easy," & while it may not seem possible now, time will take you through phases until, hopefully, when you think of her, you'll do so with a "smile"--for what you shared, & how wonderful it was to have had her in your life. The length of time that takes, of course, depends on YOU. Most of the people I've "lost" were from deseases, & I tried to concentrate on their at last being at peace, & remembering all the good things (especially the laughs). You see, we never really "lose" them. Little things will bring them to your thoughts for years & years--I'd say forever. For now, I can only suggest you spend as little time as possible alone; I also think it's too soon to get into "supportive" activities that some have mentioned, but certainly in future would be valid. Whenever you can, try to get absorbed in something you enjoy. You need "breaks" from your sadness. & please don't feel "guilty" if you do find that you can actually "forget" for whatever brief moments in time. You need to heal. You WILL get through this if you're strong of spirit. My very best to you...
9 :
I lost my mother a year ago today...she died very suddenly at age 64 years old on jan 29, 2006 and to make it more harder...my son was born 5 days later. She was having a #2 problem..she keep going every 5 minutes for 8 hours straight...and she was in pain... so we took her to the hospital... she went into emergency surgery a few hours later....while in surgery they found out she had a infected colon so they removed it and put a bag in place of that...When she came out of surgery...she was in critical condition....basically to make a long story short...she smoked and her lungs/body could not take the surgery so she went into a coma and a day later, she had a massive stroke and died 12 hours later. Me and my mother were extremly close...me and my mother raised my first child who is now 8 years old!!! I have my good days and bad days.Sometimes, i think that "punk"(my mother) she wanted me to remeber her and NEVER forget her as my son was born 5 days later!!! I think what if she never went into surgery...what if she never smoked, she would of still been alive?? I drive myself crazy some days with the what ifs....I think to myself as well....She was happy smoking and even though she died young...she did not want to quit and she said one time...if i die cause of smoking...i will die happy!!! plus i have 2 kids now so i really can't break down and i know that she would want me to be happy. I am so sorry for your grandmother but know she would not want you unhappy!!!



Read more discussions :