Wednesday, January 28, 2009

how long does it take a non-smoker to develop lung cancer when working in a smokers environment


how long does it take a non-smoker to develop lung cancer when working in a smokers environment?
I ask this because of where I live all of the news saying that the smoking bans will do good for the people who work there. From what I can remember I was told that it takes up-wards of like 20 years before a non smoker has inhaled enough smoke for it to really make a difference. Am I right?
Cancer - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
being aroung smokers is JUST AS BAD if not worse than smoking yourself. so it would be different for everyone lung cancer wise, some are lucky and get away without ever getting it, there really is no way to tell for you.
2 :
I think it totally depends on the person, just like how some smokers can last forever on 80 a day and never get lung cancer, but others will get it after a number of years casual smoking... The smoking bans are mainly coming in so that non-smokers don't have to work in unpleasant smokey environments, fair play I'd say!
3 :
2-3 years
4 :
its upto your body and health condition matters how many years or may be never you had that problem.not all cases suffer same .
5 :
catch http://www.cancerssociety.org for more info...




Read more discussions :