Monday, November 1, 2010

How much larger of a chance of developing lung cancer do I have than that of a person that wasn't exposed to


How much larger of a chance of developing lung cancer do I have than that of a person that wasn't exposed to:?
Second hand smoke for 12 years, and who doesn't have severe/mild-persistent asthma? Because I have developed severe asthma over the last year or so (it's increasingly gotten worse,) and I was exposed to second hand smoke for the greater part of my life. I'm only fifteen. I'm scared that I might have to deal with lung cancer when I'm older.
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
well what i know it's 2 times more likely :( here's a vid but not sure if it's what u need? http://video.yahoo.com/watch/2234721/7055871 my advice is just start and live a healhty lifestyle your body heals more quikcly and efficently when it's more healither so that might be able to dealy or combat your chance of lung cancer :) good luck ^^ and may we all pray
2 :
the chances are the same for everybody, either it lies dormant or it doesn't, but it is greater for someone that has been exposed to it then not...and just because someone gets/has lung cancer does not mean that they were a smoker
3 :
I grew up around second hand smoke until I was about 14, I had asthma that was getting worse as I was around it. I would not think that you could have cancer now but later in life I do think you have a higher risk than the regular person does.
4 :
I understand your worry about cancer but you don't have it right now and don't know if you will get it. But I wanted to address your asthma. Being around second hand smoke is definitely hard for an asthmatic, but your triggers might be allergy related too. I did not have asthma until I became allergic to cat dander,dust, pollen,rabbits, etc. in my twenties. I was also a smoker, and I actually kept in under control for several years. But the last 10 I would find myself in the hospital with severe breathing problems, at least twice a year. Now I still take my allergy pill, and I have stopped smoking and do not allow anyone to smoke in my home either. I feel great. I actually didn't quit smoking until I had a heart attack. I guess I have a thick skull!! Good luck to you and try to push for a non smoking living enviroment. It can only save hospital and doctor bills later on.



Read more discussions :