Saturday, October 8, 2011

Feeling really paranoid. What are the chances of having lung cancer at 19


Feeling really paranoid. What are the chances of having lung cancer at 19?
I am 19 and have been smoking about half a pack a day for the past year. Don't know why, but I have been feeling extremely paranoid. I had a chest x ray done last tuesday and the doctor said my lungs were clear...could they have missed it??
Cancer - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Quit smoking, you are lung cancer waiting to happen. You probably don't have it this time but next time yo may not be so lucky. Lung Cancer is a horrible way to die.
2 :
If the xray is clear you should be fine. It is unlikely you would have cancer, but you shouldn't be smoking.
3 :
The chance for you to get lung cancer at the age 19 is rare. It is just anxiety about your health. My husband has the same anxiety about his health. I also smoke a pack and a half for about 2 years now and I am fine. My mom has been smoking since she was like 15 and she is almost 50 now still smoking and she is healthy. If they have already done chest xrays I am pretty sure they would have seen something if there was anything. If you still aren't sure go back and get another one done so that way you can feel better.
4 :
Smoking is injurious to Ur health. If U stop smoking instantaneously, the chances of acquiring lung cancer shall get minimized. Good luck.
5 :
I was literally just informed about an hour ago that my grandmother will not live to see the rest of this week. She is dying of lung cancer that has now spread throughout her entire body. She was a smoker. You should quit. Do it for your dear life and your loved ones.
6 :
Pretty close to zero at 19. Maybe 20% lifetime if you keep it up.
7 :
NO..they can't "Miss" it. Your lungs take a LONG Time to develop Lung Cancer. Stop smoking if you are so paranoid! My Husband's Aunt is 75 years old, and she smokes 3 Packs A DAY....and her lungs are blacker than the night! She had brain cancer once and the doctors said her lungs looked worse than her BRAIN. SHE Has been smoking since she was a teenager. Stop now, and you won't have that problem or worry.
8 :
The chance is zip, it takes a *lot* longer than that for smoking to cause cancer. Check back when you're in your 50's.



Read more discussions :