Monday, March 28, 2011

Any lung cancer survivers out there


Any lung cancer survivers out there?
I have just been told recently by the doctors that I have non small cell lung cancer and am in the 3rd or 4th stage. I need some words of encouragement from people who have won the battle over this terrible cancer. Thank you in advance.
Cancer - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i have not ever had long cancer but i hope that you overcome the disease i really hope you do! just keep fighting!
2 :
Yes My Uncle had lung cancer really bad, because of smoking for all these years, and has been living now for about three years after he was diagnoesed and it cleared up really fast. God Bless, Emily :]
3 :
My sister (non-smoker) was diagnosed in 2002 with stage 4 NSCLC. She never did chemo or radiation. She has done Iressa (which you can't get anymore), and that really helped her for about 31/2 years. She then tried Tarceva, which didn't help. She is now on a clinical trial where she takes 6 chemo pills daily. Her health has been very good. The docs told her she had a year to live almost 6 years ago. Find out exactly what kind of cancer you have, if it's spread, what treatment they recommend and what they expect the treatment to do. Get on the internet and research your cancer. That is the MOST important thing to do. Do not leave it all up to the doctors. Mostly they want you to do chemo and that's it. Try holistic methods. Change your eating habits - no sugar, because cancer loves sugar. Really - do a lot of research, and do NOT give up.
4 :
I have not had lung cancer, but I want to give you some words of encouragement. Do NOT give up. Do NOT let the "statistics" run your life. I lost my dear father last year to pancreatic cancer. I should say he died WITH pancreatic cancer, not FROM it. He read too much on the Internet about how long he had to live, what was going to happen, etc. and let it go to his head. He gave up and basically lost his mind. PLEASE don't let that happen to you. Your body doesn't have an expiration date on it. No doctor can tell you when you will die. Your life's not in their hands. It's in God's hands. God bless you.
5 :
From the moment we are dx'd, we are survivors. But I think you mean are there any survivors that have totally beat lung cancer and are now cancer free. Yes, there are more than you think. I have non small cell, if I listened to the dr's prognosis I would have been dead over a year ago. I was dx'd in May '06.. went thru chemo, it didn't work for me. I finished chemo 14 months ago and have had no further treatment. My cancer is stable right now.. my onc tells me its the natural treatments I am on that is helping me survive. There is a lot to be said of good nutrition.. we really are what we eat!! You can fight this.. I know of people who are now cancer free from lung cancer. If you ever need to talk, feel free to email me directly.


Read more discussions :