Sunday, June 24, 2012

I have a question about radiation treatments for lung cancer


I have a question about radiation treatments for lung cancer.?
My sister has ulcerations in her esophagus from radiation and she cannot eat or drink anything. She has been on a feeding tube for 3 weeks. Now she seems to have a really bad smell coming from within. Any ideas what this is about? I just got back from the hospital. They did a CT scan and found a new 8mm mass on the right back side of the base of her skull. Tomorrow they are doing an MRI. I fear the cancer has spread to her brain.
Cancer - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Bad smell can come from a variety of sources. Given the history of the ulceration, it is imsportant to see if this is the primary cause. bacteria can build up and emit an odor. Most bad smell come from food decay but since she is on a feeding tube , that is less likely so. Radiation therapy can kill a lot of cells and that could lead to smell as well . Tallk to your doc about it I have more info on cancer and its side effects at www.drlam.com Dr Lam, MD www.DrLam.com



Read more discussions :