Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Can you get lung cancer from 5 years of smoking


Can you get lung cancer from 5 years of smoking?
I'm asking this because I've had a cough for about a week. It seems like a dry cough. I get this tickle in my throat when causes me to cough. What are my chances of getting primary lung cancer from smoking for 5 years? I smoke maybe a pack a day. It hasn't been a pack a day for 5 years though. BTW, im 19.
Cancer - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can potentially get lung cancer from 5 years of smoking. But most likely what your cough is, is your cilia which have been tared and stuck to the sides of your lungs for the past several years are slowly freeing them selves and slowly beginning to work properly again. Be thankful your slowly healing from years of damage.
2 :
u were smoking for 5 years THATS NOT GOOD IF U ARE 19 U smoked against the laww
3 :
You can get lung cancer without ever having touched a cigarette? My dad had lung cancer when he was 73 after smoking for 60 year and he had a cough but it was not a dry cough, he had a lot of phlegm, he had part of lung removed and survived, he died 3 years later of bowel cancer and he hadn't smoked since lung cancer was diagnosed, what makes you think you could have lung cancer because you smoke, it can also cause bowel cancer, stomach, liver, kidney, breast, and various others, as does drinking alcohol, bad diet and food additives? we are breathing in car exhaust fumes that have more cancer causing chemicals in it than cigarettes do - see your doctor if you are worried but I wouldn't think you have cancer. - I have a cough most of the time, age 52 smoke 40 cigarettes a day and don't have lung cancer.
4 :
Hi Ethan: Did you know you can even get lung cancer from Second hand smoke with out ever smoking a day in your life. I had small cell carcinoma in my left lung and I don't smoke. Your 19 your young Quit now Don't wait till it is too late. (did you know they put ammonia in some brands of cigarettes. if you did not smoke you could probably smell it.) PS lung cancer does hurt and it hurts to take a breath, when you lay down at night your lung feels like it weighs a ton as well as it is hard to take a breath so you feel like you are going to drown. Think about what I wrote If I could I would even show you the scar where they took out my left lung. Not Pretty.
5 :
Has your cough at least encouraged you to quit smoking? I don't know if you really have lung cancer, but keep it up and you'll be a miserable man by the time you're 30.




Read more discussions :