Saturday, July 4, 2009

Can dogs develop lung cancer


Can dogs develop lung cancer?
My dog is around smokers several times a day and I was wondering if, since she's second-hand smoking in a sense, if it could cause lung cancer or other diseases?
Dogs - 10 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes.
2 :
yeppers.
3 :
Sadly, yes.
4 :
Yes they can. They are not immune to the dangers of smoking.
5 :
Yes
6 :
i would assume so
7 :
Yeah, she can develop lung cancer. You should take her to regular vet check-ups and have them examine her lungs just to make sure she doesn't have it. If you can, try to get her away from the smoke as much as possible too.
8 :
it can get almost every cancer we can get, so yes
9 :
Dogs with long snouts are more likely to get cancer in the nose and throat. Lung cancer in dogs is rare.
10 :
here's a pretty good site to check. http://www.rojo.com/story/roCXif4FTLZdhT5E-Dog-Disease-Lung-Cancer Good luck to all of us that have to be around smoking people I was one of them once, I'm so glad I stopped, I feel better, I smell better, food taste so much better. It was a great choice for me.




Read more discussions :