Saturday, February 28, 2009

I should be able to avoid lung cancer by quitting smoking right


I should be able to avoid lung cancer by quitting smoking right?
I smoked from 2005 to 2010 but I smoked on and off (swishers filled with weed). I never smoked everyday and I probably have about 300 Blunts of weed in my lungs over 4 years. But every website that I read says lungs regenerate within 5 years for young people and 10 years for heavy old smokers. Im turning 26 and quitting forever. What do you think?
Men's Health - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You have no guarantee that you won't get lung cancer even if you have never smoked but you are certainly cutting down the risk and quite apart from the threat of cancer, smoking is associated with many other health conditions. Quit and good luck.
2 :
yes absolutely. Quit now and in 10 years your lungs will be healthy again. Thats a no-brainer...
3 :
You haven't quit yet? Smoking regular cigarettes, cigars, pipe, swishers, pot, etc. can interrupt blood flow to your penis resulting in diminished libido & cause erectile dysfunction or impotence - not to mention causing mouth, tongue, throat, lung, or pancreatic cancer. Just think how much money you will save by quitting!!!! You lungs with thank you every day of your life!
4 :
The damage that causes cancer is forever. And because of its strength, inhaling cigar smoke is unusually bad for your lungs. Fortunately, I doubt that 300 blunts is enough to give you a significant cancer risk!




Read more discussions :