Sunday, December 20, 2009

Any ideas on how to stop stressing out Ive got lung cancer and so does my mom I also have five kids need help


Any ideas on how to stop stressing out Ive got lung cancer and so does my mom I also have five kids need help?
I dont know what to do,I dont want to stress out on my kids, Sometimes Im just overwelmed.Im a single parent with very little income.My mom has always been their to help me emotionally now she has been diagnosed with cancer and is already doing chemo I feel terrible,shes a very strong women much tougher then myself,Im trying to be there for her but in the meantime my kids sense theres a problem but dont really get it .Although they no that its a very stressful time for all of us the younger ones seem to act out and the older ones just disapear with there freinds. Anyway its very stressful. Any ideas on how to deal with all this without freaking out
Cancer - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You should be in contact with the medical social services who can help not only with your cancer diagnosis but the crisis within your family. If you cannot find anyone locally (at the hospital or cancer clinic) than contact Cancer Care which is an online social service for people with cancer: Cancer Care http://www.cancercare.org/ You can also contact your local ACS chapter for assistance: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/home/index.asp Good luck.
2 :
The answer is both difficult and easy...like the rest of stuff in life. Your primary responsibility is to educate yourself and learn as much as you can. Then make an informed decision. Make the decision with confidence. That confidence in knowing that you are doing the right thing as best you can determine will help much. You will still have much to deal with. Stressing out over what to do won't be one of those things. Prayer and relying on God's strength won't hurt. Do what you know to do. Having friends also doesn't hurt. Hang in there. It's that simple and that difficult. Learning takes time and effort. It takes discipline to stick some difficult things out. Good luck.
3 :
The children are acting out because they are stressed and worried, the younger ones don't understand and only know that mom/grandma are sick and that they may lose them. They know cancer kills, and that is all. The older ones are hanging with friends, cuz teens do that, but also, they have fears of lose also, and wonder what will happen to them if you pass. I feel it only fair to the children, and to yourself to be very open with them about your condition. They need to know that there are decisions to be made, and what will happen to them and where they will live, if you are unable to survive the diagnosis. Since your main emotional support(your mom)is also ill, it may be time for all to join a support group. There are support groups for teens and young children, as well as adults. Sharing their feelings, and fears may help them understand the illness. My mom has lung cancer again. She was very lucky to survive the first time, but this time it is too late for treatment. We try to talk and yes, we cry alot when we talk, but it definately helps you cope. Support groups are free, please talk to your doctor and get some referrels. Just knowing others in your same situation can sometimes ease the strain. God bless you and your family, I wish you all well.
4 :
i have nonhodgkins lymphoma and i have ound it helpful to pick up the booklets from my oncologist and let my family read them, i also bring family members to treatment so they can see what it is really like. a better understanding with make them feel less afraid
5 :
i feel so bad for you do you still smoke?i need to stop smoking my self.....don't be so stressedd chill let god take over and ask him to take your stresse away let him dill with your mother's illness and you dill with yours....double worries wont help and when you have babies it is really hard i know i have 1 myself love her your mom and Love your self try not to raise your voice and breath count backwards ...cry cleanse the soul.....dance music....anything but worry....god please watch over my mom and me also my girls and boys please take this cancer away and help me stay strong for my family they need me i need you right now i put my life in your hands give me the will power to go on amen.......i will pray for you Kenya...in Columbus,Ohio




Read more discussions :