Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Would it be possible or likely me to get lung cancer


Would it be possible or likely me to get lung cancer?
I don't smoke cigarettes. I've smoked hookah for about 2 months, 3 times a week at the most. I'm quitting soon but I'm just wondering b/c I feel like my lungs cannot breathe as much I could have before. Maybe it's in my mind but I would enjoy some feedback.
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes it is. Why are you 'Quitting Soon'? Quit now! Good Luck
2 :
Even though most people don't inhale hookah, like pipe or cigar smoke, it still can cause cancer, especially of the lip and gums. You are very smart to quite- this kind of habit can creep up on you very quickly, and you might just make the mistake of buying a pack on cigarettes on a stressful day when the Hookah is not nearby. Quit and start doing a habit that is good for you, like pushups, situps and jogging, and eating healthy food.
3 :
Well, I would say this...NO. Lung Cancer from Hookah is EXTREMELY RARE. It's not even the same as cigarette smoke. http://www.harmreductionjournal.com/content/5/1/19 What you described is less than a night of binge drinking would cause siroccos of the liver. I smoke hookah just about everyday. I walk my dogs nightly a do work out with kettlebells several times a week, building my muscles up to do it nightly. Watch I will get a thumbs down, because anti-tobacco people hate it when you prove it's not as bad as cyanide. Leave me all of us alone and let us make our own mistakes, if they are mistakes.




Read more discussions :