Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can anyone give me any figures on the cost of lung cancer for the uninsured




Can anyone give me any figures on the cost of lung cancer for the uninsured?
My friends and I are having a fundraisers for one of our mother's who was diagnosed in 2006. I wanted just some general info on the cost of treatment.
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Somewhere between ouch and you have got to be kidding. My wife had cancer for three years before it took her life. I had medical insurance (thank goodness), but the bills must have been in the range of $500,000 and $750,000 U.S. She had some special circumstances though like 9 days in intensive care, multiple hospital stays, multiple surgeries, etc. Good luck to everyone involved. I hope she does well.
2 :
God Bless you all!! Well, I had insurance and I had breast cancer 2x.. The first time around it was $35,000 every 3 weeks for 4 1/2 mos. The second time it was $11,000 every 3 weeks for 6 mos. I had insurance, but there was some out of pocket. If its the circumstance, there is financial aid, and it should be able to help her. It helped us a lot, and my hubby doesn't make a whole lot and its paid for out of pocket (for my ct scans) and from some of the chemo. no one told me about the financial aid. Please check with the hospital and dr. I hope she has a good , caring dr. GB



Read more discussions :