Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Do I have lung cancer or am I a hypochondriac


Do I have lung cancer or am I a hypochondriac?
I am 16 years old and have only been smoking for around 2 years and I normally smoke a pack every 2 to 3 days. Although lately I've had cough not really a bad one but still. Also in the past month or so I've been sick with pneumonia which lasted around 2 weeks and now again I am running a fever with aches and a cough. Is it that its just my smoking with winter lowering my immune system thats making me sick or should I have x-rays?
Other - Health - 15 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You're a dumbass.
2 :
Wouldn't a doctor be a better choice than Y!A to get an answer?
3 :
Why are you smoking? You could see a doctor, but I'm sure it is not cancer. Smoking itself can cause chronic bronchitis, most smokers develop it. edit: no offense to smokers, but it's a fact that it causes certain cancers and illnesses (just look at the package, you are smoking tar, various toxic chemicals, and a small amount of tobacco. nothing healthy about that.) and if you continue smoking, you should accept the fact that it will cause your health to deteriorate more rapidly than it would otherwise. it's just a logical conclusion. :p
4 :
you are going to have an MRI most likedly u do not have lung cancer
5 :
The first thing you should do is quit smoking. It may not be that easy, but do it now while you're still young. If the cough does not go away, seek medical attention.
6 :
nobody gets lung cancer that fast. sounds like bronchitis.
7 :
If you are sick and still smoking it's a bad idea. Anyhow, you have pneumonia that didn't heal all the way, not Lung cancer. And x-rays surely can't hurt you, so if your worried you should go do them.
8 :
x-rays should be a good thing to do. But by smoking your immune system has gone down and your body can't protect it self the way it used to
9 :
You don't have lung cancer, you likely have another infection or virus like bronchitis or strep throat. Go to the doctor, and they will tell you if you need a chest x-ray or antibiotics. Trust me, if you need an x-ray they can tell just by listening with their stethoscope.
10 :
hypochondriac
11 :
If you're concerned then visit a doctor. I might also recommend quitting smoking. I wont preach that its a disgusting habit (although I'd say it is and smoking since the age of fourteen is pretty poor) but for your own sake, if you're worrying after an illness that your smoking could be making you worse then its probably best you stop. xx
12 :
if you haven't had xrays, who told you you had pnuemonia? It takes an xray to diagnose pnuemonia. I very much doubt you have lung cancer, but if you have a fever and a cough, you obviously have an upper respiratory infection of some sort and should be on antibiotics. Go see a doctor and get a real diagnosis and treatment.
13 :
When u start coughing blood..that means you might be worried for cancer. Smoking decreases your immune system and usually, smokers get affected by pneumonia more often. Consult your physician for the treatment of your fever/cough
14 :
go to a doctor. smokers tend to have worse symptoms just because they smoke. so a cough is going to be more severe in your case. go to the doctor right away and quit smoking ASAP
15 :
sounds like bronchitis. you dont get lung cancer that fast although you never know. go to the doctor just to be sure. good luck!




Read more discussions :