Thursday, March 1, 2012

I had surgery to remove my lung cancer I did have it in my lyumps nodes. do I still need further treatment


I had surgery to remove my lung cancer I did have it in my lyumps nodes. do I still need further treatment?
what is the percentage that the cancer will come back without any other treatment?
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
only your oncologist can answer your questions competently.
2 :
We don't know without further information on your case. Talk to the person who has specialized in your treatment
3 :
I know of some people that have had lung surgery and opted for no further treatment and are doing fine. Others not so lucky.. there may be cancer cells still in the body that can't be detected at an early stage, so chemo is often recommended to reduce that risk.
4 :
It depends on the kind of cancer you have and the stage of the disease. However, is this really a risk you want to take? If the cancer was found in your lymph nodes (assuming they are regional nodes) the cancer has already began to spread. Once those cancer cells are in the lymph nodes it’s like being on a subway to an unknown destination. This much we do know. What we don’t know is if there are any cancer cells in one or more lymph nodes that were not removed or if any of them have already left the station and are circulating around in your body looking for a place to start a new tumor. We have no way to determine this. Chemo is used to kill these cells before they start a new home – once that happens your chances of surviving drops dramatically. It’s possible every cancer cell was removed during your surgery and you will be just fine without further treatment. The problem is there is no way of knowing for sure – not until if or when another tumor is found. You’re the only one who can decide what is best for you. I’m sure your oncologist has gone over all the risks with you. If you are still unsure get another opinion. Best wishes.



Read more discussions :