Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Need a good song kinda a theme song for my dad that is fighting lung cancer


Need a good song kinda a theme song for my dad that is fighting lung cancer!?
My Step-Dad last week found out he has lung cancer. We are planning several occasions for get togethers to show him our support and the communities support. He is kinda a tough guy...motercycle rider...type but has a huge heart! Can anyone think of any songs about being tough or staying strong not being scared...that kind of thing? Any genre.
Other - Music - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I will Survive
2 :
Werewolves in London--Warren Zevon had lung cancer.
3 :
there are lots of good songs. "I Believe I Can Fly" by R. Kelly "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey "Headstrong" by Trapt "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor "Chariots of Fire" by Vangelis "I Feel Good" by James Brown
4 :
I can't think of a song, but there is a great poem about it. Rage Against the Dying of the Light by Dylan Thomas Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right, Because their words had forked no lightning they Do not go gentle into that good night. Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay, Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight, And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way, Do not go gentle into that good night. Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay, Rage, rage against the dying of the light. And you, my father, there on the sad height, Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray. Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Even a tough biker guy would be moved by these words. My father was a hard a** Marine all his life, and I brought him to tears with this poem when he was dying. I'll pray for your step dad and your family. Best thoughts to you all. Thumbs up to you folks who could remember the songs.
5 :
How about standing outside the fire (Garth Brooks) or No Fear (Terri Clark) both songs are used for/by charity groups for special events...I think they'll remind him to stay strong and not to give up hope
6 :
Litttle wonders- Rob thomas So small- carrie underwood
7 :
First off, i am really sorry. I hope he gets better soon. 1.Peaceful Easy Feeling by The Eagles 2.Love Will Keep Us Alive by The Eagles 3.Don't Worry 'Bout Me by Frank Sinatra 4.The Long Day is Over by Norah Jones 5.Little Wing by Sting (best one)
8 :
luthers last song,dance with my father.



Read more discussions :