Saturday, May 12, 2012

Is it common among teenagers that smoke cigarettes to get lung cancer


Is it common among teenagers that smoke cigarettes to get lung cancer?

Cancer - 16 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
no, but smoking still sucks...it's uncool!
2 :
it is rare for teenagers to get lung cancer, but if they keep smoking, their chances of getting lung cancer are much higher than their friends who never smoked.
3 :
Anyone who smokes or is around second hand smoke can get lung cancer. Smoking is Russian Roulette with your health.
4 :
No Lung cancer is from long term smoking Dont Smoke its nasty
5 :
if they continue to smoke the will get lung cancer by the time their about 30+
6 :
regardless how old you are you have the chance to suffer cancer, mind you its not good on teenagers and i read somewhere that nicotine makes teenagers feel as though they are 2 years older that they are (a brain function)
7 :
there is always a possibility to get lung cancer from smoking.....but why teens do it?idk cuz its not cool.....
8 :
im 17 and i smoke ciggs...yesss i know its bad for me but i just got into a bad party habbit. But most likely...if you start smoking when your young you will get lung cancer sooner. STOP! I'm trying to stop now.
9 :
Honey, cancer is a very strange thing. Some people are more susceptible to it than others, so it's very hard to say. Some people smoke until they're in their 90s and die from natural causes, while others get lung cancer and never touch a cigarette. So you never know... It's best not to start because it's a VERY HARD habit to break. I started smoking at 17 and smoked for 20 years before I quit and it was tough! And besides, smoking prematurely ages some people so they look haggard.
10 :
I have smoked for 34 years. I started when I was 13 and last month I went for my yearly checkup and the radiologist said my chest x-rays were clear and he was surprised to find out I have been smoking for so many years. My doctor said my lungs sound very clear. No problems here. I would think if a teenager has lung cancer, smoking cigarettes is not the cause.
11 :
NO....but u will be ADDICTED....till an age where you can get lung cancer...for every individual it's different...but younger ages are becoming more common.....if you've already started...try to stop....and then imagine how hard it will be to stop after 10, 20, 40 years...it was the HARDEST thing I ever did....I STILL crave it.....good luck....just stay away if you can!
12 :
Common...I'm not sure, however different bodies react to smoking in different ways. For an example my aunt has smoked for 50+ years and has never had lung cancer or even a scare, but I know for a fact there have been other people who have only smoked for a few years and end up with lung cancer. So why take the chance? I hope you are smart enough to stay away!! Cheers to you!
13 :
Very rare for a teenager to get lung cancer, if they started smoking as a teen then if they were going to get cancer it would more than likely be in their 40's, 50's or 60's.
14 :
No one really knows the true answer to this, but some scientists do think so... "Recent studies at the molecular and cellular levels are consistent with this, now suggesting that early exposure enhances DNA damage and is associated with the induction of DNA alterations in specific chromosomal regions. ... carcinogens can induce fields of genetic alterations that make the early smoker more susceptible to the damaging effects of continued smoking."
15 :
No, but you might well get lung cancer or cancer of the throat when you get older because of smoking earlier in life.
16 :
I doubt if a teenager has EVER gotten cancer from smoking. If teens get cancer, then it is almost always either genetics or from severe radiation. It takes decades and a couple of hundred thousand cigarettes to get lung cancer, so you would need to start chainsmoking as a toddler to get lung cancer as a teen. Enjoy yourself!



Read more discussions :