Tuesday, May 8, 2012

my 11yr old darling staffie has just been diagnosed with lung cancer


my 11yr old darling staffie has just been diagnosed with lung cancer?
At the moment he only coughs occasionally , upon waking in the morn or when excited. I want to know what to expect re his illness, and how it will effect him . Also , how fast does this disease grow? I am devastated , he is my best friend and goes everywhere with me.. i can't imagine my life without him.Anyone experienced this with their dogs?
Dogs - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I am so sorry this has happened! I really have nothing to say that could help answer your questions, I just wanted to let you know that you and your baby will be in my prayers. : )
2 :
I have an 11 yr old pug who was diagnosed with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease of the lungs). Now I don't know if its anything like lung cancer, but overall he has deteriorated pretty quickly....He was diagnosed late last summer, and he is just now getting to the point to where we are going to have him put to sleep...so as far as I would say, you may havea little bit longer, but not much. and If lung cancer in dogs is anything like lung cancer in humans, Its goign to happen fast, depending on the type of cancer...it spreading is what you have to worry about
3 :
How awful. My dog had bladder cancer and it took about 5 months before she had to be put down. You will know when the time has come.......you don't want her to suffer as lung cancer is very painful..not to mention your dog struggling to breath. My heart goes out to you. God Bless.



Read more discussions :