Sunday, May 20, 2012

My brother is dying with stage 4 lung cancer soon. what should I get him for Christmas


My brother is dying with stage 4 lung cancer soon. what should I get him for Christmas?
what does one buy for christmas for a dying man? I am stumped.
Cancer - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
oh my god that's so sad, im so sorrry. ask him what he wants that's the best thing u can do.
2 :
Peter, this is the time you buy something which is either sentimental or offers immediate fun, gratification, or other direct pleasure. A photo album filled with reprints of the whole family's pictures. A favorite food, a gift certificate for an excellent restaurant, a ride in a hot air balloon, a winter vacation everybody chips in on...
3 :
spend as much time with him as possible and do anything he asks of you and make him as comfy as you possibly can and take lots of pictures and tell him he wont be forgotten and that is the best gift you can give your brother in these, his last months. I am so sorry. take care of him and may his end be extremely peaceful knowing he is loved by you x
4 :
I am so sorry for your whole family. Now is the time to ask him what would you like? may a disney land, some family member he has not seen. What's wrong with Christmas in October? Call the whole family and have Christmas now. God bless you dear, you all are in my prayers
5 :
In addition to Maryn's suggestions, the Lung Cancer Online Support group I own and moderate found this Web site to be a good source for gifts:
6 :
Hi Peter F, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother's diagnosis. However, all I can offer to you as advice is that you spend as much time with your brother as is physically possible. I'm only fourteen years old, but my dad died from lung cancer when i was nine. The one thing i regret most is that i was too young to fully understand- I wish I could have really said goodbye and been with him every second. Which is why I advise you to be with him every step of the way. Talk to him about anything and everthing. As difficult as it may be, think about anything you would want to say to your brother if he were to pass on. Besides that, I can only tell you to pray, and wish you luck.
7 :
Well, I'd say you could put a video together and allow him to talk to you thru the camera and take pics of him and with yourself and stuff like that? its a hard call, cause you honestly dont know how someone can live with cancer period.. my grandpa had cancer in both lungs he went thru all the chemo therapys for over a year and a half.. and they come in and said hes cured two days later he died.. but thats VA Hospital for you you know what I mean??? Best of luck and sorry of your loss..
8 :
What would be cool to have is something money cannot buy...it would be for myself a collection of pictures in a photo album. Of happier times in my life like birthday parties of relatives, or photo's of Christmas past. I would enjoy pictures of friends and family. It would be hard having a ton of albums so I would like just one that had a lot of meaning and memories. That would be a present I would want for my last Christmas.



Read more discussions :